Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stuffed Elephant (cute!)

Today I got inspired to sew something for a friend's up-coming baby shower. After a little nudging from MMC (thanks for sharing the pattern) I embarked upon the stuffed elephant from Retro Mama on Etsy. I made the elephant out of soft flannel and embroidered its eyes--my first time doing a satin stitch. The elephant alone didn't quite seem like a complete gift, so I added some coordinating burp rags. I'm happy with the finished product, and I hope the mommy-to-be is, too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my what a cute little guy! Maybe I will back one too....the ever growing sewing list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I'll be making this soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, well somehow I didn't see this entry in real time, but the elephant is super cute! I've never done satin stitch myself, you should post a detail of the eye. I love french knots- they look harder than they are and once you know how to do them it's easy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...