Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chirtle, chirtle, chirtle!

I was randomly reading last month's Oprah magazine and came upon a picture of a bird that caught my eye. It wasn't even being featured directly, but rather served as a sort of background for some poem. I did a little google search, and to my surprise found a whole bunch of these treasures! She uses 40-year-old vintage trading stamps as the background and then paints the birds over top. The artist is Laura Levine, and I think part of what makes it so cool is partially the mixed media and partially my sentimentalism for the song birds that I grew up watching in my backyard. Here's one to whet your appetite (it's the one I saw in Oprah)...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This is the same idea but cheaper... check it out :) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28183071&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=bird+collage+print&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...