Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Conquered My Camera!

Monday I took a 3-hour workshop called "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode" presented by Okello Dunkley. I've had my DSLR camera since Christmas, but every time I've ventured away from "Auto Mode," I've ended up with dark or blurry pictures. About a month ago I saw this workshop offered through Living Social, so I decided to give it a try. Afterall, the price was right...

It was SO worth my while! Okello went through the basics: ISO, aperture (F-number), and shutterspeed. It was just what I needed to feel like I know the mechanics of leaving "Auto Mode" behind and forging ahead into the world of Aperture Priority and Manual (oooh... shivers down my spine!). Anyway, I felt so empowered that I stopped at the park after school yesterday and tried my hand at capturing the beautiful clouds while not losing the brilliance of the trees below. No edits! What do you think? Not bad for a first try... right?



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...