Sunday, February 21, 2010

Home for the Weekend

Well, B had his certification class all morning/afternoon today, so I decided to head home to my parents' house. Things were going so well that I ended up spending the night! I got them both signed up for FB and even got my mom and dad to start with blogs of his and her own (*gasp!). Let's see how all of that goes ;)

In the meantime, I should let you in on all my festivities. I pre-washed and dried all of my quilting fabrics in preparation for my class next weekend.  I was impressed that the tip I found online for pre-washing fabrics actually worked (ie: snip the corners off of the fabric to reduce the amount of fraying). Yay!  I seriously cannot wait.  I ended up buying four more coordinating fabrics (four more than what I had originally posted a picture of). Buying those last four was an excuse for me to go back to my new favorite fabric store--S met me there to lend support. While we were there, she saw the subtitle to one of the quilting pattern books and I think maybe I'll adopt it as my own motto for sewing: "Learn how to make the things you didn't inherit." Yep, that's about right!

The big excitement, however, was going shopping at The Christmas Tree Shops, which actually has nothing to do with Christmas and everything to do with MUST HAVES! Yes, despite the fact that my allowance has already been completely diminished by my new quilting hobby, I bought. And I'm excited. The best thing? Two different mirrors for my house. I can't wait to hang them. Pictures to follow.

PS: In case you were worried about my hubby... don't! He found some guys to keep him company with target shooting, lunch at Five Guys, poker, and general debauchery. Yeah, he was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...