Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quilting Update

After an hour and a half, I finally finished cutting out all of my strips of fabric for my quilt. I used a rotary cutter to do all this work, and yet it still took me that long to cut up only 12 blocks of fabric. It got me to thinking about how tedious it must have been to quilt back in the day -- you know, back when they didn't have rotary cutters OR sewing machines.  It makes me really appreciate those handmade pieces of art.


So mine is literally starting to take shape, and I'm super excited. I've added some additional fabric patterns from my previous blog entry because I decided to make the quilt a bit larger than I had originally planned. (Notice the stripes! Thank goodness I found some coordinating stripes... How could I have made a quilt without stripes?) I've done everything I can at this point to prepare for my up-coming class on Saturday.  I can't wait!  When it's finished, it should be big enough for me to snuggle up underneath on the couch.

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors - it's gonna look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, you've almost inspired me to somehow get my mom's extra sewing machine and my quilt pieces from their house to finish! Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... how long ago did you start your quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Your quilt is gonna be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did I notice that the rotary cutter is different than the one you got from me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the owl in your mom's post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...