Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saturday at Grandma & Grandpa's

I love my Grandma and Grandpa!


And I'm so glad they bought a house on the water. I'm even "gladder" that they love to host crab feasts!

The delicious Maryland Blue Crab (before)


And after! Nothing beats a hot, steamed crab with a sprinkle of Old Bay on top.


The view from their shore:


And from their pier:


And from the boat! My brother took us "kids" out for a ride. All the way out to the Solomon's Island bridge and back.




Okay, check out the moon in this one (below). It was still way too sunny for the moon to be out! Also, take a look at the bluffs (cliff) in this photo. Whenever I see coastlines like that, I can't help but imagine what it must have been like for the first settlers, sailing up the waterways and looking for places to establish new colonies.

Along those historical notes, the boats that carried the Englishmen (who eventually marched up to the White House in DC and set it on fire) are known to have been here. Crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! I love your grandparents too!
    Send me some crabs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Saturday! Those poor crabs :) Your vacation continues....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...