Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Back to Basics

This post is a bit late, but I wanted to share my first sewing project of the new year. I finished it just before the end of January. I was inspired to make a rice-filled heating pad after my doctor told me it would make my TMJ feel better. Anything to be able to chew without pain!

As Serendipity would have it, I came upon this tutorial on SewMamaSew (thank you!). I used materials that I already had in my stash -- which wasn't so bad since I kinda love the fruit fabric. I also got to debut my new pinking shears (yay!). The hardest part was deciding which scraps to use and in which order.  The final result isn't so bad if I do say so myself!





3 comments:

  1. Love the use of the pinking sheers, turned out great. I decided against posting a picture of my first sewing project of the new year :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :) Did you use essential oils with yours?

    @miami: Thanks for not posting that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't use any oils (because I didn't have any on-hand) but I can see why they would be a nice addition. When you microwave dry rice, it smells like dry rice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...