Friday, February 18, 2011

The Start of Something Beautiful

Today Cobble and I visited our favorite quilt shop, and I was able to piece together the makings of a beautiful new quilt. Thank goodness for Cobble's helpful suggestions (and the friendliness of the women in the shop -- a pleasant surprise!)

In order to figure out which fabrics I wanted to use, I started with a striking "starter" print to which I matched all the others. You can see my starter fabric in the center of the picture below.


I tried to get a good balance of colors: green, brown, and blue. As I walked around the shop selecting prints, I set them on a counter in order to see them side-by-side. Initially, I had chosen too many yellowy fabrics, and I was disappointed with their overall effect. That's when Cobble came to my rescue! She found the green cat-print and the blue circles (in the upper right-hand corner). They were the perfect replacements! I'm really happy with the results and can't wait to get started.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted. I love the fabric choices. I think Nico's carrier uses the bottom corner fabric. I can't wait to see the finished product! Good eye Cobble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like it will be amazing! Great choices. Can't wait to see what you make. Be sure to blog your process again, I really enjoyed your last blog about the quilting process! I'm impressed with your speed to the next project too! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...