Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sun-Room Makeover

B and I spent our *five day weekend* shopping for furniture, assembling said furniture, and then shopping for fabrics to complete the sun-room makeover. This room gets the most natural light in our house (hence the name), so it was important to have a multi-functional space. A place where I could sew, B could study, we could snuggle up and read... you get the idea. The result is still a work in progress, but it's well on its way to beautiful!

BEFORE: Maple table and chairs. No color.


PHASE 1: New black chairs and red comfy couch. I also moved my reading lamp and an old ottoman into this space so that we could better appreciate them.  Although there's color now, the room still doesn't seem cohesive.


PHASE 2: After spending two-and-a-half hours in Jo-Ann Fabrics, I came home with the following array of new fabric. The plan was to find a way to tie the yellow walls in with the red chair and the teal accents in the living room. You can see that two of the prints combine all three! Score!


Here I've draped the fabrics over the pillow forms and the ottoman. I still have LOTS of sewing to do, and I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. talicor
    Wow! looks great, a space that works for both you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that room! When you're done, you should come give me some tips at my house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with you. As usual. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...