Sunday, May 8, 2011

Skipping Squares Quilt (Post #2)

I'm committed to the process pledge! So here goes...

I've started working on my "Skipping Squares" quilt (pattern from Cluck-Cluck-Sew). BTW: Allison from Cluck-Cluck was so wonderful and sent me a bonus, free pattern along with the one that I actually requested. How cool is that?!

Look at all that yardage, yet to be dealt with...

I'm sure you read (and have since forgotten) about my post from several months ago. You know, the post where I showed off my new collection of prints that I gathered while shopping with Cobble?

Well anyway, this weekend I started cutting. Man do I hate this part! Especially when I have so many little pieces to cut out. Ten fat quarters plus a yard and a half of white fabric had to be turned into over 300 little itty bitty strips and squares. Yuck!

At least the fabric is pretty. That makes is less irritating to work with.

The good thing is that this is guaranteed to look good when it's done.

2 comments:

  1. Stinky cutting, great quilting progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite quilt pattern yet, by far! I love it! I can't wait to see how it comes along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...